Att bekanta sig med och lära sig mer om Nordamerika.
Eleverna ska skriva en reseskildring. Instruktioner, källor och exempel presenteras nedan. Uppgiften är både styrd och fri. Eleverna kan ta ut svängarna inom givna ramar.
Uppgiften – instruktioner till eleverna
Hi there guys. I know you are travelling in North America right now when studying geography. We are traveling to the same country in English with other topics and another language of course. You can also use your information that you have already (via geography-work).
You are going to embark on a 30-day road trip around USA. Feel free to go about it anyway you like, but you have to include the following points (1-9)somewhere in your story/travel journal. Feel free to include photos/pictures and you can choose how to present your story/travel journal to the others: either as a verbal presentation, written poster, or slide/PP or iMovie. At an early stage, let me know which presentation you prefer and how you are planning your work. You can send a little note to me via chat in teams, or talk to me during lesson.
DO NOT forget to include a list of the sources you have used in your presentation.
START with you arriving at Washington Dulles International Airport in the capital of the USA, Washington DC or at John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York. Then, feel free to go in any direction, by any means of transportation and with any budget. It is good if you start off making a mind map. You have to write a little about every place you visit/every point. What are you doing there? Why are you there, What can you see, what can you feel, hear and so on. How do you get there? Describe the weather.
- Size of population of the USA.
- Names and basic information about, at least, two big cities of your own choice. I prefer that the cities are on different coasts in different states.
- A national park ex Yellowstone , Grand Canyon (Include descriptions of accurate scenery and landscape)
- Three sights/attractions that are well-known (own choice) ex Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, Golden gate bridge, The White House, Mount Rushmore, Pentagon etc…
- Make a list of A few american slang words
- At least two kinds of animals who only exists in North America. https://themysteriousworld.com/animals-found-only-in-north-america/
- A meeting with a native American. The indigenous people of America. https://kids.nationalgeographic.com/explore/native-americans/ If you can compare the native people of Sweden with the ones in USA, please do so.
- Follow a teenager on a typical school day. Describe school system. Compare to yours. https://www.justlanded.com/english/United-States/USA-Guide/Education/The-American-school-system, https://www.ego4u.com/en/read-on/countries/usa/school, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZBSwj6YLfk
- Compare the 4th of July with our national day, 6th of June. ( search net or see your wings book)
- Extra: Write about an American idol, role model for ex Mae Jemison, Steve Jobs, Rosa Parks, MLK, Halima Aden https://medium.com/thrive-global/9-celebrities-who-are-great-role-models-for-your-kids-3127dd78fc86
Some example or suggestions to travel guides: https://www.sciencekids.co.nz/sciencefacts/countries/unitedstates.html
USA´s Tourist Commission:
Best of luck!
You can start like this:
5th of May:
Landing at JFK airport, full of energy and hope. I am spending 2 days in NY as a start…..
6th of May
New York is fantastic. I love this city, I love the shopping. People are everywhere…You can taste any food you like…I am writing this in Central Park where I am drinking a Starbucks coffee. The Big Apple will be one of my favourite towns, forever. Can’t wait to come back!